University of Chicago
DSAC is comprised of one graduate student representative from each program in the PSD and faculty Deputy Deans and the Dean of Students, Miranda Swanson. Discussion is typically lively, candid, and wide-ranging. Committee meetings give PSD students an advisory voice in the division's administration and an opportunity to comment on how institutional policies and plans affect student life. Likewise, they provide the deans with an opportunity to explain institutional policies to the students and to learn first-hand about student concerns. Contact your program's representatives with any issues you think should be brought to DSAC.
DSAC also sponsors Pizza|Science|Discussion each quarter.
- Astronomy & Astrophysics: Rostom Mbarek
- Biophysical Sciences: Eric Gauchat
- Chemistry: Becca Thompson and Tim Cronin
- Computer Science: TBD
- Geophysical Sciences: Gwendolyn Gallagher
- (MPCS) Master's Program in Computer Science: Rachel Whaley
- (MSFM) Financial Mathematics: Marco Ambriz and Rupak Gupta
- (MS-PSD) Master's Program in the Physical Sciences Division: Jinqiao Lin
- Mathematics: MurphyKate Montee
- Physics: Dani Scheff
- Statistics: Ahmed Bou-Rabee
The Graduate Council is the representative student government for graduate students, making up half of the Assembly of the Student Government of the University of Chicago. It is comprised of representatives chosen by the various professional and graduate divisions.
2017-2018 PSD GC Reps: