Pizza | Science | Discussion is sponsored by the PSD Dean's Student Advisory Committee (DSAC) and brings graduate students together across departments and disciplines for informal, interdisciplinary discussions of the research happening in the PSD. A PSD graduate student gives an accessible introduction to their area of science, and explains how their own research connects with the fundamentals of the field. The presentations are short, so there's plenty of have time to engage in discussion with the speaker and with those around you, all over free pizza and other food.
Pizza | Science | Discussion is hosted on the Wednesday of 5th week.
2016-2017 Pizza | Science | Discussion Dates
- Wednesday, October 26, 2016
- Wednesday, January 25, 2017
Wednesday, April 19, 2017
- Danielle Scheff (Physics): "Material Properties of the Cellular Skeleton"
- Chris Watkins (MS-PSD): "Synthetic Biology to Analyze Complex Cellular Mechanisms"
- Showcase of participants from the Improv for Science Communication Workshop
Are you interested in sharing your work as a potential speaker? Let us know a bit more about you and your research.
Do you know someone who might make a great speaker? Contact Gourav Khullar at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can be in touch.